Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jtempleton
Frequent Visitor

PostgreSQL Scheduled Refresh Error - 'Connection is not open'

Hi

Hoping someone can help me. I have recently inherited a dataset with PostgreSQL data source in it and I am having trouble getting scheduled refresh to work. It was working previoulsy, we changed the ownership of the reports and installed a new gateway.

Gateway is online > Data source is online - scheduled refresh just won't fire off 

jtempleton_1-1665441011415.png

We are getting this error 

jtempleton_0-1665440574663.png

I've checked with database adminstrators and they say it's not showing anything on thier end

There is another dataset that connects to the same datasource (different table) which is working fine - using same gateway and connection! 

I can can connect to and refresh all tables manually (select table and right click refresh or use modelling tab and select a range and refresh)  from Power Bi Desktop from Server where gateway is and also local PC (have installed Npgsql-4.0.10) -

If we try a full auto refresh we get this error which then blocks the refresh
" PostgreSQL: Exception while reading from stream "  

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated! 

2 REPLIES 2
jtempleton
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-xiaosun-msft 

Thanks - the queries in the two files are identical and they are both using the same gateway and connection, the file that is failing has more tables connected but they all refresh in the desktop when i manually refresh them!

I think I am going to replicate the queries in a new pibx file and upload and see if it is able to refresh on a schedule but I dont really want to have to recerate the whole dataset as it is very complex

v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jtempleton ,

According to your description, here is my suggestion.

Since another dataset that connects to the same data source(different table) which is working fine, using same gateway and connection, I suggest that you can check the contents of this table.

There will be a problem when data source information does not match the content in the underlying dataset.

Check whether the contents of this table have been modified.

And please try reloading the table and using the gateway connection to see if you can connect to the data source.

Please refer to the following document.

Troubleshoot gateways - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors