Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

MySQL Fatal error encountered during data read

Hi,

I've created a report that uploads information from a MySQL database. Inside PBI report I join some tables and I append others and in Desktop it looks perfect: I'm able to refresh the report and create whatever I need.

However when I upload to the server, I got this error:

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"MySQL: Fatal error encountered during data read."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"MySql"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"SERVER/DATABASE_NAME"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Fatal error encountered during data read."}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: < MyTable>
Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-US-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 8127760d-92c0-414b-8774-f5f4bf2265bf
Request ID: d560b4bd-72bf-4aea-ffdc-b252a5adead7
Time: 2022-11-14 16:52:02Z

To be honest, when I refresh the data in PBI desktop I got sometimes the same error while transforming the tables but I fix an issue that (changing types, changing names) and everything goes back to work (In Desktop PBI).

I do not know what else to do: I've refreshed credentials, changed privacy levels (from private to organizational to public), revoke approvals for SQL queries and approve them again, I've reduced the amount of tables and joins to the minimal, ensured that all fields from appended tables have the exact same type but I still having the same issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Marc

3 REPLIES 3
will_rebelo
Regular Visitor
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

Based on an internal search, the following information is obtained:

cannot be found or may not be used in this expression.

Column '<ccon>[content removed]</ccon>' in table '<ccon>[content removed]</ccon>' cannot be found or may not be used in this expression.

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError"

It is possible that one of your columns may have been renamed or removed from the data source, resulting in an error when you cannot find the column when using M or Dasx expressions.

You can go to the Power Query file to check whether each table can be refreshed successfully, the table that cannot be refreshed is the table with the problem, after finding the problem table, you can find the relevant column, and then change the column name.

This is the related document, you can view this content:

Expression.Error: The column '' of the table wasn'... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Column cannot be found or may not be used in this ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Liu Yang,

I've confirmed that columns are the same in database (I refreshed the SQL a few times). However, is it possible that I have this error because I renamed database columns in Power Query?

Thanks,

Marc

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors