Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

danxshap
Helper I
Helper I

Manual metrics "edit multiple values" paste not working

Hi,

I'm trying to create a Manual Metric for which someone from my team would periodically log in and add a new value manually. I have a spreadsheet of past dates and values for the metric, and I'd like to initialize the metric so that it has this history.

In Power BI Service when editing my metric, I go to "Edit multiple values..." and that pops up a dialog that says I can paste multiple dates and values.

Markup 2023-06-13 at 16.44.37.png

Screenshot on 2023-06-13 at 16-45-53.png

But when I try to copy/paste a formatted table of dates and values from a spreadsheet, it just populates the first cell and it doesn't add multiple rows. I've tried many variations of date formats, one column at a time, etc... but can't get anything to work.

I'm expecting that I can copy my historical data, paste it into this interface, and be able to bulk-add many rows of (value, date).

It seems like this is broken for me, so I'm curious if it's working for anyone else, and if so, what exactly are you doing to get it to work?

I'm using a recent version of Google Chrome on macOS to access Power BI Service.

Thanks for any assistance in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
LasseM
Regular Visitor

Hi,

The way I got this working is by formatting the dates using locale English (United States) in Excel and then simply pasting to the top left cell in Metrics.

LasseM_2-1707205929395.png

LasseM_3-1707206019992.png

-Lasse

danieldl
Regular Visitor

Bumping this because it seems that it's still broken. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if there's perhaps a clever workaround — is this working for anyone else right now?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors