Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AI1995
Frequent Visitor

Logging on data level (after Row Level Security)

Hi all,

I have implemented row level security on my reports and I would like to log these (filter) actions for audit reasons. The situation:

Alice views a report being signed in with her email.

Row level security filters out what Alice is allowed to see based on her email using USERPRINCIPALNAME() and an "autorisation"  tabel which has a relation with the data.

I want to log the query (and email & datetime) which provides the data Alice will see. Is there a way to get this information?

Greetings!

2 REPLIES 2
MAwwad
Super User
Super User

= VAR CurrentUser = USERPRINCIPALNAME() VAR CurrentFilter = [RLS Filter Measure] INSERT INTO LogTable (Email, Query, Timestamp) VALUES (CurrentUser, CurrentFilter, NOW())

This approach will allow you to log the query used by the RLS filter, as well as the email and date and time of access, for each time the report is accessed.

AI1995
Frequent Visitor

Hi DataSlayer,

thanks for the response, I believe this is exactly what I need. However I do not know how and where to implement this expression. Cloud you show me? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors