Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Inverted y-axis

Hi,

I have a measure that usually results in numbers close to 100% and therefore have a line chart with a fixed End value of the y-axis of 1 and no Start value set to make it flexible, plus a Constant line for my threshold. Since this month Power BI Service seems to invert the y-axis, therefore hiding most of my datapoints and trendline. In Power BI Desktop it works normally.

StephanAtHR_2-1603807461347.png

Anyone else with this behaviour? Anything I can do or is this a bug? A constant measure instead of the constant line from the analysis tab seems to fix this, but I prefer the constant line because of the extra data label.

Regards, Stephan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Liang,

As mentioned the issue didn't occur in Power BI Desktop, only in Power BI Service. I applied a workaround (extra constant measure on the Values, instead of the Analytics - constant line). I can't reproduce the issue anymore, so it might be fixed in Power BI Service. I'll accept the 'solution' to close this topic.

Regards, Stephan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_MWM

Hi All

I am experiencing a similar issue and hoping you can assist. I have created a visual through Python.  In the desktop version I have my axis in the correct position (basically it is a cube graph which should have the X and Y axis start with 0 "in the back corner" of the cube) This is working as expected in Desktop but as soon as i publish the axis are then showing oposite to what i need.

This is the Desktop view - with the start 0 on the left and on the far right.

Chris_MWM_0-1694683792805.png

Then published to Service

Chris_MWM_2-1694683976560.png

No matter how i invert the axis it just will not appear how it does in the Desktop version.

Does anyone have an idea to resolve this?

Thanks

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Liang,

As mentioned the issue didn't occur in Power BI Desktop, only in Power BI Service. I applied a workaround (extra constant measure on the Values, instead of the Analytics - constant line). I can't reproduce the issue anymore, so it might be fixed in Power BI Service. I'll accept the 'solution' to close this topic.

Regards, Stephan

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Does the issue still exist after the update the pbi desktop?

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce your issue.

V-lianl-msft_0-1603939727294.pngV-lianl-msft_1-1603939762084.png

Desktop version:Version: 2.87.261.0 64-bit 

Please try to update to the latest version and republish the report.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors