Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tbastian
Frequent Visitor

Incremental Refresh Error - DB2

Hello All,

I am facing an error while trying to set up Incremental Refresh. The Underlying Data source is a DB2<LUW> database on premise and i am accessing it through a Gateway.

The report works fine on the desktop .. but when published to the service and a refresh is attempted .. it fails 

part of the error message is below. The gateway can refresh other reports< without incremental refresh> from the same Database without issues  . 

[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The credentials provided for the DB2 source are invalid.

{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AccessUnauthorized"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}

Does anybody have any insight on how to get around this ? 

Thank you very much 

Thomas 

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @tbastian 

That error appears to be a credential issue is not being authenticated to the DB database.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thank you for the response Gilbert.

It doesnt look like it is an issue with the Credentials.

I tested it on another report accessing the same Table and without Incremental refresh  and that refreshes without issues on the gateway . Could it be that the proper Error message is not being displayed ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors