Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

barakb321
Frequent Visitor

Hyperlink from Graph Data Point

Hi,

I know I can build a dynamic hyperlink for each row in a table.

Can I do the same for a data point in a graph (e.g. a link for each bar in a bar chart)?

Thanks,

Barak

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @barakb321 ,

To my knowledge, we are currently unable to implement your requirements in Power BI.

Currently Power BI only supports hyperlinks in tables and matrices, you can also use hyperlinks in text boxes.

Note that you cannot use a custom URL as a hyperlink in a table or matrix. You can use a link icon. If you need custom text for your hyperlinks and your list of URLs is short, consider using a text box instead.

You can see it in:

Add hyperlinks (URLs) to a table or matrix 

Add a hyperlink to a text box in a report 

As a workaround, you can try inserting a hyperlink in the text box, resizing it to the right size and applying it to the visual of the report.

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @barakb321 ,

Currently there is no way to navigate to a link from graph data points.

The only work-around would be applicable in case you have a static graph wherein you can overlap the bars with hyperlinked text-boxes having no background color.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @barakb321 ,

To my knowledge, we are currently unable to implement your requirements in Power BI.

Currently Power BI only supports hyperlinks in tables and matrices, you can also use hyperlinks in text boxes.

Note that you cannot use a custom URL as a hyperlink in a table or matrix. You can use a link icon. If you need custom text for your hyperlinks and your list of URLs is short, consider using a text box instead.

You can see it in:

Add hyperlinks (URLs) to a table or matrix 

Add a hyperlink to a text box in a report 

As a workaround, you can try inserting a hyperlink in the text box, resizing it to the right size and applying it to the visual of the report.

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors