Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

savanah
Frequent Visitor

How to make filter to all tables in Dashboard

Hi every one !

I have 2 tables (T1 and T2)
In T1 there's a columns (City), Also there's  coulmn (City) in T2 - same value-

there is no Relashionship Between T1 and T2..

Can you please explane to me how I can make Filtering By City in Dashborad To All tabel (T1 and T2)?

Thank you !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @savanah 

What you would need to do is to have a table which has got all your Cities values. You would then create a relationship from T1 and T2 to your City Table.

Then you can use the values from your City table to filter both tables T1 and T2.

This is known as a star schema, here are more details: Understand star schema and the importance for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @savanah 

What you would need to do is to have a table which has got all your Cities values. You would then create a relationship from T1 and T2 to your City Table.

Then you can use the values from your City table to filter both tables T1 and T2.

This is known as a star schema, here are more details: Understand star schema and the importance for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thank you very much for replay  
I was create (cites) table..

but when I make relationships between (citey in T1 or T2) 

the message appears

(you can't create a relationship between these two columns because one of the columns must have unique value 

Hi @savanah ,

@GilbertQ asked to create a distinct list of values (Cities) as a dimension table that can be joined to both ends of T1, T2 city columns.

Use City column from new dimension table in your filter criteria.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors