Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GaryC
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

How to disable "Display report pages as tabs along the bottom of the report."

Power BI Service - Somehow I unintentionally enabled the option to show tabs at the bottom of the page. Now, any new report that I attempt to embed in a web page also has the tabs enabled. This prevents us from sharing embedded reports on the service with esxternal/public viewers. I have tried to fix this by manually deselecting the option in the report settings, deleting reports from the service and republishing them, and even creating a new workspace an publishing the reports there. None of these have disabled the feature and external/public viewers are still required to sign-in to view the reports. How can I get this feature turned off and restore access to public viewers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GaryC
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

This issue is resolved. The problem resulted from an unannounced permissions change upstream by our admins. It has been corrected and I am able to publish my reports to the web again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GaryC
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

This issue is resolved. The problem resulted from an unannounced permissions change upstream by our admins. It has been corrected and I am able to publish my reports to the web again.

v-zhouwen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GaryC ,

For your question, I can disable 'Dis Leyport, Pagis Astabus, Aronte Boton, Ben Treport, by clicking on Files-> Settings.Maybe you can use 'Publish to web'.With Publish to web, anyone on the internet can view a published report or visual. Authentication is not required for viewing. It includes viewing the level of detail data aggregated by the report.

Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vzhouwenmsft_0-1712308675449.png

I publish the report in Power BI Service via File|Embed report|Website or portal. My report settings (within PBI Service) show the option unselected (see screenshot below). However, the embed code for sharing with others is still pointing to the new location. For example, reports with embed codes created prior to enabling the "Show tabs..." option have a link with the following: "https://app.powerbi.com/viewr=...". All reports with embed codes created after enabling the option have links with "https://app.powerbi.com/reportEmbed?reportId= ..." So even though the option is no longer selected, the changes made are "permanent." At least there seems to be no way for a user to change them back. Seems to be a faily significant impact for a toggle switch with no warnings, confirmations or other information for the user.

ReportSettings.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors