Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

newyorker
Helper I
Helper I

How to add a contact email address to the Workspace App

Hi folks,

I was hoping to pick your brain on how I can add a contact email address to the Workspace app. I am encouraging users to use the app rather than individual reports for an easier experience on Power BI services, and I am trying to figure out what the best way could be to include a contact email address.

newyorker_0-1601600995806.png

As you can see, unfortunately the "link" function won't let me add an email address.

Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @newyorker ,  

Can you open up an email in a new tab in Google Suites and copy the URL and send it to me. I will try to create a new URL for you.  

@newyorker , I would really appreciate a Kudo if this information was helpful so that other end users facing this information would refer this solution as well.

Thanks,  

Renu KS.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
RenuKshirsagar
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hello @newyorker ,

The best way to include the contact email address is to use any 1 of the following options while publishing the App:

1) Show app publisher

2) Show items contacts from the workspace
3) Show specific individuals or groups

Note: At the end I will show you the Link Option for Outlook recipients.

-------------------------

In the information below I will provide you brief information and images on how you can achieve. You may use the suitable option.

1) Show app publisher: This option shows the contact information of the app publisher.

ShowAppPublisher.PNG

2) Show items contacts from the workspace: This option shows the app workspace name. On clicking the name, Web or Outlook App will open up and the end users can write their concerns.  

Show items contacts from the workspace.PNG

3) Show specific individuals or groups: You can add the individual employee IDS which will be visible to the end users. They can click on their names and it will open up Outlook or your default messaging client. For us, it is Outlook Application.  

ShowSpecificIndividualsOrGroups.PNG

4) LINK OPTION:: For this I grabbed the email ID of this app workspace and pasted in the highlighted part of the URL. So you just need to get the email ID and paste in the highlighted part. On clicking the Link from the App Navigator, it will open up the Outlook Client.  

https://outlook.office.com/owa/?path=/mail/action/compose&to=checkappcreationnewmethodrenu@slb001.onmicrosoft.com&subject=subject&body=body

LinkOption.PNG

OUTLOOKCLIENT.PNG

@newyorker , I would really appreciate a Kudo if this information was helpful so that other end users facing this information would refer this solution as well.

Thanks,

Renu KS.

@RenuKshirsagar 

Really like the 4th option, but we use Google Suites...

Hello @newyorker ,  

Can you open up an email in a new tab in Google Suites and copy the URL and send it to me. I will try to create a new URL for you.  

Thanks,  

Renu KS.

@RenuKshirsagar 

I used 

https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&source=mailto&to=[the email address here]

and managed to get it to work! Thank you so much!

Hello @newyorker ,  

Glad the information was useful. Thank you for marking it as a solution.  

Thanks,  

Renu KS.  

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @newyorker 

Kindly check whether this helps:

https://www.buildableweb.com/article?articleTitle=making-a-clickable-link-to-an-email-address--12945...

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

@v-diye-msft 

So you'd like me to put the entire HTML code in the field? including the href? 

newyorker_0-1601938335045.png

I've tried all sorts of combinations but it won't work. I have a feeling there is a data validation rule in the back end that would only attempt a proper "URL" as an option.

Hello @newyorker ,

The LINK Option only allows us to enter the URL as you can see the validation response at the bottom. It doesn't take any HTML tags.  

If this was helpful, then kindly promote this as a solution.  

Thanks,  

Renu KS.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

what happens when you prefix it with mailto:  ?

@lbendlin 

newyorker_0-1601937831637.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors