Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

serargi
Frequent Visitor

How can I do relative filtering "is not in the last 7 days"?

Hello,

I am using a table and I need to do some filtering. Is it possible to do "is not in the last" filtering? By default in relative data filtering you have

- is in the last

-in this

- in the next

But I need to be aware when a row is not update from the last 7 days, it has timestamp in the colum "LastUpdated".

Regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@serargi

Currently, there's no "is not in the last X days" filter in relative date filter. You may submit a feature request on idea.

To workaround this, you can create a calculated column to tag if current row date is within Last 7 days. Then put this field into Visual Level Filter.

IsWithin7Days=IF(Table[Date]>TODAY() && Table[Date]<TODAY()-7,1,0)

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JMacC
Frequent Visitor

If oyu can't edit the source data to filter out/add a column, I've added a calculated column which uses DateAdd(DateCol, no.days, Day) which I then filter relatively. 

So if I wanted not past 7 days: 

AdjDate = DateAdd(MyDateCol, 7, Day)

then relative filter page/element on AdjDate in past 10000 days. 

Because it's ahead of the actual date by 7, the report will then exclude dates who's +7days is in the future. Hacky but it works

Anth79
Frequent Visitor
Areg

1.5 years later, the ability to exclude current time period is still not available 😞

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@serargi

Currently, there's no "is not in the last X days" filter in relative date filter. You may submit a feature request on idea.

To workaround this, you can create a calculated column to tag if current row date is within Last 7 days. Then put this field into Visual Level Filter.

IsWithin7Days=IF(Table[Date]>TODAY() && Table[Date]<TODAY()-7,1,0)

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors