Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cfccai
Advocate II
Advocate II

Get Unexpected error when creating semantic model of a lakehouse table

hello

I would like to create a semantic model for my power BI report.

I was able to create the semantic model one week ago, but yeaster day I got the error(As below screenshot shown). I tried several different tables and lakehouses in different workspaces, didn't work.

I asked my colleague to perform the same operation in his own workspace, got the same error.

cfccai_0-1712024331545.png

Can any technicals help to check the issue. Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

Is anyone still experiencing this error please? This bug has been fixed, so please confirm.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52

I enrolled in the trail with my account.

The Admin portal seems to be trimmed down to only a few options as it is a trail ( i presume)

(image below)

fabric.png

Same issue for me

Helius_0-1712908329570.png

Today i got the same issue

Trial has no relation with fabric admin role. Please contact your fabric admin to enable the settting.

Dhanapal
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I'm also facing same issue this week onwards..  We able to create semantic model from "SQL analytics end Point" based on table objects, but from "Lakehouse", we are unable to create semantic model and getting error as "Unexpected error dispatching create semantic model to portal action handler fabric".

As per below video, its possible a create semantic model from lakehouse objects. I think, its not working since this week-onwards. Could some one help us with solution or workaround solution on this and I've demo with customer s this week itself.  

Believe, we can create a semantic model from short-cut objects from other workspace, but that also not working - Thank you

Microsoft Fabric Lakehouse: What is semantic models and how to connect to it through PowerBI - YouTu...

Misq
Helper I
Helper I

It's something with Fabric, I have the same issue

trisrobinson

Same issue here.

Gabrynico

Same error here too: "Unexpected error dispatching create semantic model to portal"

I suppose it has something to do with the latest changes

slaratech007

Hi, Same error. "Unexpected error dispatching create semantic model to portal". Can you please assist here to solve this issue? Much appriciated. Thanks

Please make sure if the below tenant level settings is enabled:

arunavasarkar_0-1712082619303.png

Enable the setting, hard reload the lakehouse pane and try creating a new semantic model. 

Mark it as verified if this works.

I put in a ticket with MS for this error and got the following...

Issue:
Cannot create model from Lakehouse.

Analysis:
  • We went through your verbatim that you were facing issue while creating a model from Lakehouse.
  • The root cause for the issue is due to the sensitivity labels disabled at the organizational level.
  • for those that have sensitivity labels disabled at the org level, would be to create the DL custom datasets via the SQL endpoint “reporting -> new semantic model” entry point.

I enabled sensitivity labels for the organization and it said it could take up to 15 minutes.  That was over an hour ago and still no joy.  I was able to use the SQL endpoint approach but that's not going to work for most of my users as I don't want them monkeying around in the endpoint.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors