Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bamak
Helper V
Helper V

Gen2 and notion of overloader/overloaded

Hi dear PBI friends

Under Gen2, in the event of a lack of available CPU, we can see the notion of overloader / overloaded (sort of wait queue)

Does this only concern rendering & visual navigation ? 

If  the capacity is facing a CPU stress   ?  -> effect -> report DAX queries are overloaded   ?

the report or the whole underlying  dataset is overloaded?

Or also that touch datasets refreshes ?   -> effect -> the entire DS is overloaded in the event of stress   ?

Thank you please for the help and clarification

Best regards

Christophe 

1 REPLY 1
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Bamak,

good questions. I'm not sure if you have access to the App itself, I'm assuming you do so here's my 2 cents:

The documentation of the App actually provides a vast amount of clarifications, like:

• an overloaded artifact causes the whole (Premium) capacity to be overloaded, so all datasets/reports on that capacity may be impacted
  • Overloaded minutes in the Matrix visual on the Overview page shows the artifacts impacted by an overload. You can also look on the evidence page for more detail.
  • On the Evidence page there are also Overloaders/Overloaded artifacts. Sorting by the Overloading score should give you the highest overloaders in that time frame.
    On the graph below (in the top right corner of the page) you can see whether that's for refreshes (background) or rendering/visuals (interactive).
    nickyvv_1-1637760806235.png

Hope this helps. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors