Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

teedot
Frequent Visitor

Full report attachment not possible for report subscription in a PPU workspace

Hello community.

I'm trying to set up a report subscription in a premium per user workspace, where I'd like to include the whole report as an attachment.

But doing so, the checkbox for the "Full report attachment as" is not selectable, with the tooltip below.

teedot_0-1646401683164.png

The report is a single page less than 100 kB in size.

Is a premium capacity required for a report attachment and the documentation is wrong where stating the requirements? Or am I missing something else?

Any help appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

HI @teedot 

No, the documentation is correct, all my PPU workspaces can export a subscription. You get that tooltip when you're in a Pro or "Version 1" Workspace. Can you check that your Workspace is set as PPU ? Go to "Settings", "Advanced", "Premium" in the Workspace.

You should see the Diamond logo on PPU workspaces...

Burningsuit_0-1646403852635.png

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

HI @teedot 

No, the documentation is correct, all my PPU workspaces can export a subscription. You get that tooltip when you're in a Pro or "Version 1" Workspace. Can you check that your Workspace is set as PPU ? Go to "Settings", "Advanced", "Premium" in the Workspace.

You should see the Diamond logo on PPU workspaces...

Burningsuit_0-1646403852635.png

Hope this helps

Stuart

Hi @Burningsuit,

after one weekend break-in time the report subscription with a PDF attachment in a PPU workspace is possible. It seems that Microsoft needed some internal rights propagation time.

The privacy levels are unaffected, I have organizational and public privacy level settings with working subscriptions.

Thanks again for your help!

Hi Stuart, thanks for your quick reply!

I don't have an option to upgrade the workspace in the workspace settings, so I suppose it's a new workspace:

teedot_0-1646404697505.png

And I see the PPU diamond like in your screenshot:

teedot_1-1646404783859.png

Hi @teedot 

In that case is it possible that you have privacy labels applied to the Report ? Also check the limitations here, which will apply in this case..

Export reports to PDF - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If one or more of the limitations apply then you won't be able to export the Report in a subscription.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Hi @Burningsuit,

thanks again for your hints!

The report's data sources privacy levels are organizational and public. This comes as a surprising limitation for a report export in a subscription.

There are no further limitations mentioned on the "Export reports to PDF" website which apply to my scenario, a manual export to PDF is possible without any problem.

I'll check if the privacy levels can be changed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors