Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sagarsankhe
Frequent Visitor

Failed to update data source credentials: AnalysisServices: Failed to resolve the core XMLA server

I receive error on composite dataset that uses Direct query to Power BI dataset in a pro workspace and import connection to sharepoint folder. Dataset refreshes properly in Power BI desktop. After publishing to service, it gives error on scheduled refreshes. 

error message: 

Scheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. To start the refresh again, go to this dataset's settings page and enter credentials for all data sources. Then reactivate scheduled refresh. 

Once I try entering the credentials for directquery Power BI dataset then I get below error

Failed to update data source credentials: AnalysisServices: Failed to resolve the core XMLA server

sagarsankhe_0-1663728754301.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sagarsankhe
Frequent Visitor

I found later that I had added a calculated column to one of the table of directquery connection to Power BI dataset. Once I removed that calculated column and published .pbix to service then scheduled refreshes started working properly. 

Limitations are listed here:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-directquery-datasets-azure-analysis-...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sagarsankhe
Frequent Visitor

I found later that I had added a calculated column to one of the table of directquery connection to Power BI dataset. Once I removed that calculated column and published .pbix to service then scheduled refreshes started working properly. 

Limitations are listed here:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-directquery-datasets-azure-analysis-...

Hi Guys, 

I currently experience the same issue. It's the same design of compsoite model Directquery Power BI dataset and Import Excel data stored in Sharepoint.

However, the difference is we don't use any calculated column referencing fields from Directquery Power BI Dataset.

and it used to work, so we set scheduled refresh, currently still runs.

Just that we can't edit the schduled anymore.

Has something changed in Power BI Service, cause this not to work now?

98f7096a-413a-48ae-afe5-eb71cf2959a3.png

35967d24-4c56-4b06-8d27-d94798b1c31b.png

scheduled refresh still worksscheduled refresh still works

Hi,

I have excactly the same problem, old and new reports have been working for a long time, suddenly I can't make similar reports (composite models) and have them refresh automatically.

Not even if I make an excact copy of the report.

I don't use calculated columns either.

Seems to me that changes in Power BI service have been made.

KR Marianne

Hi,

We have the same issue since a week.

"Failed to update data source credentials: AnalysisServices: Failed to resolve the core XMLA server"

The connection of direct query (powerbi dataset / composit model) is is error.

No calculated column.

We are in pro version, everything was working well, nothing has been changed since a month.

Regards,

Cyril

Hi, @sagarsankhe 

Thanks for your sharing.

You can accept your reply as a Solution to close this thread.More people will learn new things here.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors