Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Azzurra997
Helper I
Helper I

Export excel or csv from published power bi

Hi All

I just published a power bi report and i would like to make end users who have the power bi link to the report download the excel behind some visuals (ex. tables). I have alaready clicked on "Allow end users to export data with current layout ...." (as in the picture) but when i open the power bi through the public link the three dots from where i can click on "export data" don't appear. Could yu please help me? 

Thanks!!

Azzurra997_0-1679072787768.png

4 REPLIES 4
jupsimar
Advocate I
Advocate I

Okay I see few scenarios here firstly make sure you have saved and published your report after enabling the "Allow end users to export data with current layout" option.

Now you can Open the report in Power BI Service and navigate to the page where the visual is located.

Click on the visual to select it. In the Visualizations pane, expand the "Visualizations" section.

Scroll down to the bottom of the section and make sure that the "Data" icon is selected (it should be highlighted in blue).

Now, check to see if the three dots (ellipses) appear in the upper-right corner of the visual. If they do, click on them and select "Export data" to download the underlying data as an Excel file.

Note : If the above steps do not work, then it's possible that the "Export data" feature is not available for the specific visual or data source. In that case, you may need to consider using a different visual .

Thanks !

Jupsimar Singh

Hi! Thanks for your reply. I saved and published the report. Once i'm on pbi service i opened the report, click on edit and from here i opened the visualization panel after selecting the table i want to enable export data option. but from here i cannot find the data icon, could you please share a screenshot of where it is located? many thanks 

Schermata 2023-03-18 alle 12.17.02.png

Hi @Azzurra997 ,
You need to follow the below:
Go to Edit Mode > Click on the visualization > Click on Format > General > Enable Header Icons > Enable more options > Save the report

You need to achieve the below:

Anand24_0-1679237295571.png

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

Hi, thanks! I had a try but it seems it doesn't work. The visualization from which i would like to export data is a Table. From power bi service i clicked on edit, i selecter the table then from general > Icons > i selected only "more options". I saved it. 

From my power bi service account i can export data, but when i published it (file >embed report > publish to web (public)), i copy and paste the link on the browser. When i see the report on the web if i click on the visual table there three dots doesnt appear. Do you know how can i solve it?

Many thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors