Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

HALEYSTODDARD
Frequent Visitor

Excel to DAX Date Query

I'm struggling to figure out how to translate this excel formula into Dax... 

Essentially I need something to calculate "worked days" vs. "working days" 

Excel version:

Working Days =NETWORKDAYS(DATE(2022,12,1),EOMONTH(DATE(2022,12,1),0),'DHL holidays'!$A$2:$A$7) (This is cell B4 in the below formula)

Days Worked = =IF(TODAY()>DATE(2022,12,31),$B$4,($B$4-NETWORKDAYS(TODAY(),EOMONTH(TODAY(),0),'DHL holidays'!$A$2:$A$7)))

HALEYSTODDARD_0-1671470549165.png

DAX info: 

I'm working on a p&l tool that shows YTD financials. 

I need the "days worked" piece to give EOM projections for the current month. 

I'd like the formula to stay current for the month we're currently in vs. me manually putting in the EOM date (2022,12,31) like above in the excel formula. So for example, since this is a year to date tool, once we start in January I want it to count the days worked for january, then as Februry hits the days worked will just be the total days for january and then start over for february (current month) and so on. 

I currently have a Dates table that has a 1 if it's a working day 0 if it's a weekend or holiday. 

I just can't figure out how to come up with the formulas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HALEYSTODDARD 

Do you mean that you want a formula that automatically calculates the number of working days per month? If the current date is 2022-12-20, then calculate the working days of December? If the date is 2023-01-15, then calculate the working days of January?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HALEYSTODDARD 

Do you mean that you want a formula that automatically calculates the number of working days per month? If the current date is 2022-12-20, then calculate the working days of December? If the date is 2023-01-15, then calculate the working days of January?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the response! 

I currently have total worked days like this:

Dates[Work Days] is a column that has a 1 if it's a work day, 0 if not.

Total_Work_Days = TOTALMTD(sum(Dates[Work Days]),ENDOFMONTH(Dates[DATE]))

I now need to calculate "Days worked" in the month. 

I have something like this:
Working_Days = IF(TODAY()>ENDOFMONTH(Dates[DATE]), TOTALMTD(sum(Dates[Work Days]),ENDOFMONTH(Dates[DATE])),
CALCULATE(TOTALMTD(sum(Dates[Work Days]),ENDOFMONTH(Dates[DATE]))-(DATEDIFF(STARTOFMONTH('Dates'[DATE]),TODAY(),DAY))))

the underlined portion is incorrect since it's capturing weekends as well. I essentially just want how many working days in the month have passed. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors