Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jorenvdl
Frequent Visitor

Evaluation errors Dataflow

Hi,

Since yesterday a few of our dataflows encouter issues while trying to perform a refresh. I encountered the following error messages regarding evaluation of the datafow: 

Error: We're sorry an error occurred during evaluation.

Evaluation ran out of memory and can't continue.

In total 4 of our dataflows are not refreshing at the moment.

Is there anybody that encounters the same issue? Or any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thank you in advantage.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jorenvdl
Frequent Visitor

After having contact with Microsoft Support it seems there has been a general problem with dataflows in the Power BI service. After the weekend the issue was resolved.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
apoprio
Helper I
Helper I

We have the same problem AGAIN 🤔🤔🤔 !!!
I can't understand why Microsoft is so unstable on products they should get more attention!!!
It is these types of stresses that cause Technology Managers (TM) to do complex change decisions!!! 🙄🙄🙄

Jorenvdl
Frequent Visitor

After having contact with Microsoft Support it seems there has been a general problem with dataflows in the Power BI service. After the weekend the issue was resolved.

v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jorenvdl ,

I think this may cause by the datasize is too large for dataflow to implement. Pleae connect admin to increase memory on the container for dataflows in your capacity or Increase memory to workload and more memory to container:

vchenwuzmsft_1-1639559657609.png

If not works, please consider a higher Power BI Premium SKU.

Please refer this article:

Configure Power BI Premium dataflow workloads - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

apoprio
Helper I
Helper I

We have the same problem!!!
This is really happening in the last few days...
We believe that it is a problem in Power BI Service, because when using the same script (Power Query) in Power BI Desktop, the error does not occur and then the data loads successfully!! 🤔

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors