Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlexDXCC
Frequent Visitor

Error selecting my gateway

Hi all,

I want to add my gateway that is connected to an Oracle database but it throws error.

Updating Media

AlexDXCC_3-1679306059853.png

AlexDXCC_4-1679306060843.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlexDXCC ,

1. If you connect Oracle Database with Import connection type, please try to install Standard Gateway

2. To connect to an Oracle database with the on-premises data gateway, download and install the 64-bit Oracle Client on the computer running the gateway. The Oracle client software you use depends on the Oracle server version, which always matches the 64-bit gateway.

3. After you install the client and configure ODAC properly, use Power BI Desktop or another test client to verify correct installation and configuration on the gateway.

4. Add data source to use with the gateway

For more details, you can read related document: Manage your data source - Oracle - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I already have my Oracle client installed, and I installed the "Gateway (personal)" as Power BI Service was saying .
I can see all the data correctly on Power BI Desktop, but I'm not available to add the gateway when I have it ready, I can't understand what is the problem.

Hi @AlexDXCC ,

If you are using Personal Gateway, please try do below steps in Power BI Service Portal:

1. click "Settings" for the dataset that you want to configure

2. click "Edit datasource credentials", edit the credentials for the personal gateway

3. click "Gateway connection", select the personal gateway you want to use and click apply

4. then you could refresh the dataset with gateway

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors