Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MondayMorning
Frequent Visitor

Error message: Attempted to read or write protected memory.

Hello all super users,

wandering if anyone has seen this and has a solution for me.

I'm using following transformation step in a transformation function when extracting data from PDF files on a sharepoint site. I use the function to dynamically adjust the transformation depending on the varying number of columns contained in the PDF files. 

= Table.TransformColumns(Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Stage2", "Data",
Table.ColumnNames(Table.FromRecords(List.Select(Table.Column(#"Stage2", "Data"),each _ <> null and _ <> ""))),
Table.ColumnNames(Table.FromRecords(List.Select(Table.Column(#"Stage2", "Data"),each _ <> null and _ <> "")))),
List.Transform (Table.ColumnNames(Table.FromRecords(List.Select(Table.Column(#"Stage2", "Data"),each _ <> null and _ <> ""))), each{_,fnSuffix, type text}))

It works well in Power BI desktop and pro services dataflow, however when importing it into dataflow on a premium (PPU) workspace I get following error message:

"PipelineException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. . RootActivityId"

Solutions or pointers very welcome!

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MondayMorning ,

I can't reproduce your issue. I can refresh data from PDF on SharePoint successfully.

It is suggested to create a support ticket to get technical help.

And here is a similar issue: PDF on sharepoint can't be read when scheduled refresh.

How can I resolve the error "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indicatio... 

vcaitlynmstf_0-1633411974073.gif

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xiaoyan-msft ,

have you tried to reproduce in a PPU enviroment? could you send me code, which extracts data from sharepoint source in a dataflow on PPU or does follwoing code work for you?

let
Source = SharePoint.Files("https://xxxxxxxxxxxxx", [ApiVersion = 15]),
#"Filtered rows" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each Text.StartsWith([Folder Path], "https://xxxxxxxxxxxxx")),
Navigation = #"Filtered rows"{[Name = "0206005409180001_Vermögensausweis_per_16062020_20200617030757083256.pdf", #"Folder Path" = "https://xxxxxxxxxxxxx"]}[Content],
#"Imported PDF" = Pdf.Tables(Navigation, [Implementation = "1.3"]),
#"Expanded Data" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Imported PDF", "Data", {"Column1", "Column2", "Column3", "Column4", "Column5", "Column6", "Column7", "Column8", "Column9", "Column10", "Column11", "Column12", "Column13", "Column14", "Column15"}, {"Column1", "Column2", "Column3", "Column4", "Column5", "Column6", "Column7", "Column8", "Column9", "Column10", "Column11", "Column12", "Column13", "Column14", "Column15"}),
#"Changed column type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Expanded Data", {{"Id", type text}, {"Name", type text}, {"Kind", type text}, {"Column1", type text}, {"Column2", type text}, {"Column3", type text}, {"Column4", type text}, {"Column5", type text}, {"Column6", type text}, {"Column7", type text}, {"Column8", type text}, {"Column9", type text}, {"Column10", type text}, {"Column11", type text}, {"Column12", type text}, {"Column13", type text}, {"Column14", type text}, {"Column15", type text}})
in
#"Changed column type"

MondayMorning
Frequent Visitor

@jskipper ,@seunarije ,

I see you have had a similar problem a year back. Have you found out anything new relating to the error message and PDF&Services? I assume that there might be an issue with the PDF-converter from sharepoint-folders in the premium services (since all works well in the pro services). 

thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors