Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Vishnu1995
Helper I
Helper I

Error While connecting to Azure Blob Storage Using SAS

Hi,

I'm using using a SAS token to connect Power BI to container in Azure blob storage. It is working fine in desktop, but when I published it to service and tried to configure the dataset, it throws an error like below :

Power_BI_Service_Issue.PNG

I've tried all the possible privacy level setting, but still the same issue. The SAS token was created for that specific container and is still valid.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vishnu1995
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Everyone, I found out the issue.
Even though the link shared for the container looked like a blob storage, it was actually ADLS Gen2. I changed the data source to ADLS Gen2 and the url to dfs.core.windows.net format and it worked.
Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Vishnu1995
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Everyone, I found out the issue.
Even though the link shared for the container looked like a blob storage, it was actually ADLS Gen2. I changed the data source to ADLS Gen2 and the url to dfs.core.windows.net format and it worked.
Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion, it helped me a lot!

v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Vishnu1995 

Based on my previous research and testing experience, if there is a problem with network connectivity from Power BI to Azure Blob (such as being firewalled block), the Power BI side will also give an error message related to the "credential invalid", so I suggest you to generate a key and try to use "Key" as the method to connect to the Azure Blob datasource again and check if it also gave the same error message "credential invalid", if so, we can now make sure the issue happens due to the network connection failed between your Power BI service and the Azure Blob, you need to first check with your internal Azure network team to make sure if the Azure Blob's Azure storage account allows the public access to it and make sure the firewall will not block the IP you sent from the Power BI service to it:

Configure anonymous public read access for containers and blobs - Azure Storage | Microsoft Learn

Configure Azure Storage firewalls and virtual networks | Microsoft Learn

If the the public access is disabled for your Azure Blob's Azure storage account level, my suggestion is that you may try to use the "Vnet gateway" as the bridge between your private endpoint and the Power BI service public network:

Use virtual network (VNet) data gateway and data sources in Power BI | Microsoft Learn

What is a virtual network (VNet) data gateway (Preview) | Microsoft Learn

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors