Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pbi_nh
Frequent Visitor

Error: We cannot convert a value of type Table to type Binary.

Hi, 

I loaded in a some tables each separated on different sheets on an excel workbook. It loaded fine the last few days, but this error message keeps randomly appearing when i try to refresh today. 

It would be working fine, then when i try to refresh after doing changes to an unrelated table, it says the below message.
"We cannot convert a value of type Table to type Binary."

Again it was just working fine for the past few days with no issues and I haven't changed anyting in the tables that are getting this error message. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately that link did not resolve my issue..

The good news is that I was able to fix it myself by playing around with the parameters and noticing one of the parameters were off. By fixing this, it automatically adjusted the code to show me the below ribbon attached to some steps. I copied the advanced editor code for this table and replicated on the tables that were experiencing the same issues. I am not sure why this worked or how to refer to this ribbon in the future.. but for now it is working.

pbi_nh_0-1712264728247.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pbi_nh ,

During my investigation I have found users in the past who have had similar experiences to you .
The solution given by other forum users was:Double-checked every "Source" step to ensure the directory was correct

For original post, you may refer to:Solved: Expression.Error: We cannot convert a value of typ... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Scott Chang

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Unfortunately that link did not resolve my issue..

The good news is that I was able to fix it myself by playing around with the parameters and noticing one of the parameters were off. By fixing this, it automatically adjusted the code to show me the below ribbon attached to some steps. I copied the advanced editor code for this table and replicated on the tables that were experiencing the same issues. I am not sure why this worked or how to refer to this ribbon in the future.. but for now it is working.

pbi_nh_0-1712264728247.png

Hi @pbi_nh ,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to work out your current problems.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Scott Chang

pbi_nh
Frequent Visitor

Also, when i open the tables that are getting that error message, there is no "Go to error" button

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors