Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Jouke
Regular Visitor

Error 403

I am trying to publish a Power BI Report on to a website but I am encountering a problem with calculations. I was wondering if I indeed need a pro license Power BI account for that or that there is another way to solve this. The dataset I'm using is on my local device and is an excel file.

Jouke_0-1713891590183.png

Jouke_1-1713891612589.png

Http Status Code: 403

6 REPLIES 6
Jouke
Regular Visitor

Standard gateway

Like the service, the standard gateway has no idea how to access files on your PC.  Since you do not want to open your PC to the interwebs, you will want to move these files to a location where the gateway can see them. If you place them on a OneDrive you don't even need a gateway.

Thanks! Unfortunately this didn't work either, do you maybe have any other suggestions?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

How is that website supposed to be able to access data on your local device?  Did you set up a gateway?

Yes I do have a data gateway, and when I try to connect the semantic model, it gives an error that the file source is incorrect, while it is the right file path. Besides that, everything works fine, filters, measures, but the only thing that doesnt work are the calculations

Personal or standard gateway?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors