Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

BigGeezy

Editing a dataset that was deployed from AAS

Hi All,

We are investigating the viability of moving our AAS tabular models to Power BI Premium to overcome limitations in connecting to ADLS gen 2 sources. I have successfully deployed the model to the workspace but am unclear on how I would edit it now and have access to the ADLS gen 2 connector.  When I try to download the .pbix for the dataset I get: 

Can't export to Power BI Desktop format
We couldn't export to .pbix format.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID: 9800f4da-a486-44d9-871b-
Request ID: 0514d36a-add3-b8ae-3d74-
Correlation ID: 1dd631c1-326d-e53a-f82c-
Status code: 403
Time: Wed Feb 02 2022 08:56:30 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
Service version: 13.0.17576.29
Client version: 2201.4.09695-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-east2-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BigGeezy ,

You can check this article Migrate Analysis Services models to Power BI  to see if it helps you with your problem, it describes the steps in detail.

Migration between Analysis Services and Power BI Premium requires a few manual steps. You can use popular tools such as Visual Studio, Tabular Editor, ALM Toolkit, or SSMS to facilitate the process and ensure a smooth deployment to the Power BI workspace.

Please note that Power BI does not allow you to change a report’s connection from an AAS model to the newly created Power BI dataset. For example, if you have a Power BI report that was previously connected to the Analysis Service machine, you cannot natively switch it to a Live Connection on the newly created Power BI dataset.

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

BigGeezy

Just to show I have searched. I found this discussion talking about pretty much the same issue. Solved: Re: How to edit Workspace Dataset created in Visua... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Is this still the best path for migrating from AAS to Power BI Premium?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors