Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ykannan
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamic M Query - Bind To Parameter not available

Hi,
Dynamic M Query feature I am trying with Oracle DB source. I am not seeing the Bind To Parameter. In limitation, I have seen Oracle not supported. Please enable for Oracle. Or is there a workaround ?

7 REPLIES 7
Grandizer
Frequent Visitor

I too am having no luck with this preview option. I am trying to have the City be a parameter. I have tried using an existing table (that fills my slicer) which comes from Excel data.  I have tried a hard-coded list of cities. I have rebooted Power BI (after setting the preview option) and have even rebooted my machine as well as ran Power BI as an administrator and NOTHING is working.  Here are some images of the file I am working on using Version: 2.90.782.0 64-bit (February 2021).

Options:

Options.png

Parameter Setup:

Parameter Setup.png

Table of just values like the tutorial suggests:

As Referencing Slicer Table.png

Relationships and missing Bind to parameter:

Missing Bind to parameter.png

The Query where I need it:

Query Where I Want to Use Parameter.png

Ideally I want to use the same extracted data from Excel as the Slicer uses.  Am I missing something here?

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ykannan ,

It also didn't work in excel based on my test, since it is in preview status, so the feature may not be fully developed yet. You may have to wait until this feature is officially released.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ykannan ,

As mentioned in offical document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-dynamic-m-query-parameters  Dynamic M query parameters don't support for Oracle.

You may need to create a date table in your data model. But it will  gett change to Mixed Storage mode. If you want to keep direct query mode, you'd better consider to create date table on database side. 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi Dedmon Dai,

I have Date table from DB. Please refer my second post. Also I exported my data from oracle to Excel and used Excel as my source. So the option should work for excel. But not. Could you able to share a pbix file with simple data in excel and enable the Bind to parameter?

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@ykannan 

Have you enabled it under Preview options?

Fowmy_0-1606068400984.png

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Yes, I enabled already

ykannan
Helper I
Helper I

More Info:
I enabled Dynamic M Query Parameters
Screen shot of model view which miss the Bind To Parameter option
ykannan_0-1606064942042.png

Also I tried to export data to Excel and used that as source. Still not able to see tht Bind option.
My Need is to get sales data for selected date(s) by user in service in Direct Query method

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors