Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JW_JATO

Drill through no longer working from service

Hi All,

I have a long standing report that is all of a sudden no longer working in the published version.

The desktop version is still working correctly.

Basically the ability to drill through has disappeared.

In the desktop version...

JW_JATO_0-1646736094622.png

In the published version...

JW_JATO_1-1646736143776.png

Thanks for your help.

7 REPLIES 7
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JW_JATO ,

Please check as the following steps.

1. Make sure the target page has the same field in the drillthrough.
  2. Select the workspace that contains your target and source reports.
  3. Next to the source report name in the workspace list, select the More options symbol, and then select Settings.

4. Near the bottom of the Settings pane, under Cross-report drillthrough, select Allow visuals in this report to use drill-through targets from other reports, and then select Save.

For more detail you can refer this article.

Use cross-report drillthrough in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thanks but this does not help it is not a cross report drill through and it was working last week.

Regards,

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @JW_JATO ,

I just checked one of my drill-through report and it did work for me.

Can you check the same in Incognito mode and verify if it is still happening.

I once had the same issue and executing the report in Incognito mode worked for me since browser cache was not affecting the report anymore.

Also, do check if you have the latest .pbix published in services.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Still the same issue when running inPrivate window. Even though I was forced to relog in to PBI services. So definately not a cache issue. And it is also effecting other users. I republished the working report from desktop and still no change.

@JW_JATO ,

Is it cross-report drill-through or just drill-through to another page in same report?

You can perform the below 2 checks:

1. If it's cross-report drill through, then please confirm if you have "Cross-Report Drill Through" enabled in the report's settings.

2. Try publishing the report(s) to a new workspace and check if it's working there. If yes, then issue is with Workspace.

If still the issue persists, I'll suggest you to raise a ticket with MS Support since this seems to be a Power BI services bug. They can check the logs and let you know.

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

LinkedIn

It is a drill through to another page in the same report. Tried publishing to my personal workspace and the result is still the same. Thanks for the help I will raise a ticket.

@JW_JATO ,

Awesome !
Do reply back with the cause of issue and solution.

Also, do accept it as solution so that others with similar issue will be helped.

LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors