Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sabrinasimao
Frequent Visitor

Deployment Pipeline and RDS

I am building a solution that will use RDS as a data source and I´m planning on using the native deployment pipeline feature on Power BI.

I wanted to know if there is any incompatibility between the native deployment with azure devops and the use of RDS as source. I assumed no, but since its an investment cost, and I didn't found an awnser online, thought it was better to double check.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nimrod_Shalit
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

The use of specific data sources don't impact deployment pipelines.

It can only impact if you can set a rule directly on that data source, or you will need to use a parameter to set a rule on.

In case of RDS, a parameter will be needed in case you will want to set a deployment rule. 
One more thing to consider- deployment rules don't have APIs (yet), so can't be configured through Azure DevOps pipeline.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Nimrod_Shalit
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

The use of specific data sources don't impact deployment pipelines.

It can only impact if you can set a rule directly on that data source, or you will need to use a parameter to set a rule on.

In case of RDS, a parameter will be needed in case you will want to set a deployment rule. 
One more thing to consider- deployment rules don't have APIs (yet), so can't be configured through Azure DevOps pipeline.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors