Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Andy123

Default Date selection as current date at Slicer

I need to publish the report to Service such that the default selection for Year and Quarter at slicer is the current Year and Quarter , I have created slicer using Year Hierarchy which includes Year and Quarter from a disconnected Date table.

Currently it is selecting all quarters of the current year (i.e, 2023) by default at slicer when published 

Expected is to select just Q3 of 2023

4 REPLIES 4
Rfingerhut
Frequent Visitor

Power BI has never really been able to handle dynamic default slicer selections natively.  For your use case, I would recommend introducing some logic in the SQL or M that flags your desired parameters with something like "Current".  Then, you can have "Current" as your saved value in the slicer and the logic in the backend is handling the dynamic component.

Hi @Rfingerhut 

Could u pls elaborate more regarding this solution would be helpful if u can provide SQL or M code or any helpful link for the same

Thanks

One method could be dropping the "Q" from the quarter, or if you have another field that is just quarter number, then add that number to year.  The max value of that column would then be set to "Current" and everything else is just the Quarter - Year value for the slicer.  There may be better ways to handle this, but that's what comes to mind first.

Andy123

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors