Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bonko99

Dataset refresh error: Native queries aren't supported by this value.

I've had this error since I published my first report to PBI Service; I have one Amazon RDS instance (MySQL) and one Amazon Redshift. Both are set to Import mode, not DirectQuery, and both refresh perfectly fine in PBI Desktop. Both datasets are connected to an on-premises gateway that runs 24/7.

There are 6 queries in total, 4 from the MySQL data source, 2 from Redshift. In data source settings in Desktop, it says I've approved 16 native queries (the other 10 I deleted) for the MySQL data source, but nothing for Redshift:

bonko99_0-1637064846065.png

bonko99_1-1637064921772.png

I don't know if this means it's the MySQL source that's causing the error?

See full error message below:

bonko99_0-1637064392268.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bonko99 ,

It seems to be a credential validation issue, are you using the corresponding connectors for your local connection to Mysql and Redshift data sources? After updating to the latest version, try to reconfigure the connection credentials after clearing permissions in the data source setting.

If not resolved, can you provide more information, such as the process of configuring the connection, a screenshot of the query, etc.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bonko99 ,

It seems to be a credential validation issue, are you using the corresponding connectors for your local connection to Mysql and Redshift data sources? After updating to the latest version, try to reconfigure the connection credentials after clearing permissions in the data source setting.

If not resolved, can you provide more information, such as the process of configuring the connection, a screenshot of the query, etc.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Henry,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I've reverted back to a personal mode gateway and it's working. The connectors used to query the MySQL data source was up to date, and Redshift requires no connector, so still no idea what caused it!

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors