Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Rachel_tsao
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow set up different credential to different audiences

Hi experts,

Does anyone know how to set up different credential for different table under a dataflow?

In my case, I have sales data for all company which included Site A & B, which they should not able to see other site's information, given that, I want to set up the credential that Site A only able to access my dataflow for below table "Site A" and Site B only for table "Site B", but don't know how to set up the credential...could anyone light me up? Thanks!

Rachel_tsao_0-1626704490503.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Dataflows are secured at the Workspace level, there's no other security option. A user granted access to the Workspace will be able to read all dataflows in the Workspace.

You will need a different Workspaces for different user groups, or put the data into a dataset and secure with RLS.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Dataflows are secured at the Workspace level, there's no other security option. A user granted access to the Workspace will be able to read all dataflows in the Workspace.

You will need a different Workspaces for different user groups, or put the data into a dataset and secure with RLS.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors