Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tine_p

Data activator: I want only 1 trigger per day, after the automatic data refresh

Case: As long as field 'Number of marriages' is higher than X, then I want every day 1 mail after data refresh around 9.30AM.

Problem: I don't know how to configure the trigger so it is triggered only once a day = at the time of the data refresh. And not 12 hours later, or more than once a day.

I tried:

1) Select: maximum over time = 24h 
Detect: is greater than X each time

tine_p_0-1710921857036.png
Problem: data refreshes around 9.30AM (day 1), so the trigger will only detect/work at day 2, 0:00 AM.
Option: maximum over time = 12h, but in that case people will receive at a given time 2 mails/day, as the data refreshes only 1x/day, but the trigger is set per 12h.

Same issue with following settings

2) Select: (nothing added)

Detect: Is greater than X, number of times: 1 per 12h

tine_p_1-1710922181368.png

Thanks for your help!

5 REPLIES 5
BertDeMens

I have the same question. Seems logical to me that the activator could be configured to only check after each refresh of the semantic model. But haven't a good solution either.

v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @tine_p 

First, make sure that you've set up a custom action for sending emails. This action should be configured with the necessary input fields, such as the recipient email address and the message content. More details on creating custom actions:

Use custom actions to trigger Power Automate flows - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

When setting up a trigger, use the Stays conditional timer. This option allows you to activate the trigger for a specified amount of time when the condition is continuous true. Set this timer to closely match the data refresh interval to ensure that it aligns after the expected data refresh completion time.

Once the trigger is configured, it's important to monitor the results for a few days to ensure that it's active as expected. If you notice any differences, you may need to adjust the time settings slightly to better match the data refresh schedule.

It's also worth noting that the design of the data activator trigger is flexible, so you may need to experiment with the time setting to find a balance that perfectly matches the data refresh cycle

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yohua-msft ,

Thanks for taking a look at my question.

I also used the 'Stays' trigger. It reacts as expected: at 8.00 AM the data refreshed, 12hours later (around 20PM) the trigger started sending mails. Hower every hour I then get a mail.

tine_p_0-1711007519586.png

This does not meet my requirements: I want 1 mail at 8.00AM (when data refreshes), not x hours later and then every hour.

Thanks for your help,

Tine

For a more detailed guide to configuring triggers and actions in Data Activator, see the official documentation here:

Create Data Activator triggers in design mode - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

Thank you, but that did unfortunately not solve my case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors