Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gladiator909
Helper I
Helper I

Data Refresh Error - SharePoint Excel Sheet Appended to On-Prem dataset through Data Gateway

Hello Everyone,

I have a bit of an issue. I have two different datasets:

(1) An Excel Sheet that is located on SharePoint

(2) A data table coming from an On-Prem server through a PowerBI Gateway.

Inside PowerBI, I am appending the excel sheet to the data from the On-Prem server. 

Once the report is published on PowerBI Service and I attempt to refresh it over there(or setup an auto refresh), I get the following error: DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError

I followed all the steps in the following link multiple times: Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

But it does not seem to work!

I was told not to include the SharePoint data source to the data gateway as it may crash the gateway.

Is there any other solution to fix this?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey there!

Thank you for your response.

I did check the privacy levels and they do seem to be set at the appropriate level for both sharepoint and my on-prem data source.

The only thing that I did not try is to "Add Sharepoint to the gateway", I do not have admin access to do this. This could potentially make it work, I do not know.

However, I have made use of "DataFlow" to connect to sharepoint and then use that for append/merge operations. This seems to be working fine since it bypasses the gateway.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jialluo-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gladiator909 ,

This may be an error caused by not setting the appropriate privacy level for the cloud data source.

On the dataset settings page, expand Data Source credentials, and then click on Edit credentials for the data source you want to configure, and then select the desired privacy level under Privacy level setting for this data source. If the specific steps are not clear, please refer to the following link:

Privacy Levels for Cloud Data Sources | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Solved: Re: DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Gallen Luo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey there!

Thank you for your response.

I did check the privacy levels and they do seem to be set at the appropriate level for both sharepoint and my on-prem data source.

The only thing that I did not try is to "Add Sharepoint to the gateway", I do not have admin access to do this. This could potentially make it work, I do not know.

However, I have made use of "DataFlow" to connect to sharepoint and then use that for append/merge operations. This seems to be working fine since it bypasses the gateway.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors