Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AsafPinhas
Regular Visitor

Data Difference Between Desktop and Service

I'm using data import from Azure SQL server and have decimal numbers stored as text.

in Power Query i'm converting the text to number and then created measures based on these fields.

While using desktop edition everything works great but when refreshing the dataset on service it eliminates the dot as decimal seperator converting it to whole numbers, 0.44 become 44.

i found a workaround, not converting the text to number in Power Query but in Power BI and it works. but now i need to aggregate the data in Power Query so the workaround is not useful.

would appreciate any idea on how to approach this.

2 REPLIES 2
AsafPinhas
Regular Visitor

Actually the solution was very simple. 
it appears that my locale was set on English (Europe) where the dots represents thousands and not decimals. 
i needed to change the setting on my PBIX to English (United States) and republish the report.

v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AsafPinhas 

1.Perhaps you can try to convert the type on the database side now.

2.You can aggregate the data in Power Query first, then create a calculated column to quate these data, then set the type of the calculated column.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors