Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

CustomFont PowerBI Service/Embedded

Dear Peers,

I hope anyone of you is able to help us.

Issue: we have applied a custom font (Atkinson Hyperlegible Regular) in Power BI Desktop through a json file and it works. Nevertheless, when we upload the file into Power BI Service/Embedded it does not show properly.

Find below the difference:

Picture with Atkinson in Power BI Desktop

victorbi_0-1612786916856.jpeg

Same picture with an “unknown font” in Power BI Service/Embedded. The style is not the same both in title and numbers…

victorbi_1-1612786916857.jpeg

How can we solve this issue? Do all users need to have installed this custom font into their computers? This is not feasible for us.

Many thanks for the support.

Victor

4 REPLIES 4
mfinlay
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

Did this issue ever get resolved?

We're running into the exact same problem - fonts installed locally work in Power BI Desktop, but not for other users when published to the Power BI Service.

If we then install the font locally for the other users, it displays as expected.

We're looking to use Power BI embedded, so we are unable to control what fonts are installed on client machines - so we're currently stuck unable to use Power BI embedded as we can't generate the same look and feel as the parent application.

thanks

Matt

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It works well in my test, the Gotham Rounded show like below:

Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

Would you please try to update the desktop to the latest version?

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test, after I use custom font  in power bi desktop, I publish the report to power bi service. It works well with custom font in power bi service. Would you please try to publish the report instead of upload? If it didn't work, would you please show us the json file with your custom font for test?

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-deddai1-msft,

Thanks for the answer. Nonetheless, have you checked that you do not have installed that custom font in local? If I have this font installed locally in my computer it works well. The issue is that end users will access with another computer and so will see another font than the one applied.

Here is the part of the Json file with the custom font"

"visualStyles":{
"*":{
"*":{"*":[{
"titlefontFamily":"Gotham Rounded",
"fontFamily":"Gotham Rounded"
}]
}
},

Regards,

Victor

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors