Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dsrikanth
Regular Visitor

Create a simple hour vs time span graph with out aggregation

I have a spreadsheet which has two columns, which are time stamp and observation.

Total 86400 records for each second. That means each second has its own observation like Drill, wash, Roll etc. like below

I want to build a simple graph for each hour the span of obesravtion to be spotted with out aggregation and unordered.

Tried several options could not figured out any.

Any leads would be much appreciated.

TimestampState
5:00:010
5:00:020
5:00:031
5:00:041
5:00:053
5:00:063
5:00:071
5:00:081
5:00:093
5:00:103
5:00:11

X-axis is Hours for the day

Y-Axis- is mins for an hour

Colored blocks are observations

4 REPLIES 4
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@dsrikanth Create calculated column for HOUR and MINUTES using dax as below. Then use scatter chart with x-axis as hour, y-axis as minutes, timestamp column as Details and observation column as Values.

=HOUR(tableName[columnName])

=MINUTE(tableName[columnName])

@ankitpatira  The user would need to go to Desktop to follow your suggestion - correct?  Not knowing the data source I am just wondering if going to Desktop is possible or can one do your suggestion within Service? 

www.CahabaData.com

Hi Ankit,

Thank you for your response

When i am trying to plot against hour and minute defaukt these values are aggreagred to count and i am not able to change.

I have time stamp column and derived HR and Min columns from it and marked them to text. Though default aggregation taking place. How to avoid aggregation?

Thanks

Sri

@dsrikanth, why you don't want to show the aggregation value in the chart? If you want to show detailed data for every record, you have to choose the Table chart. Like @ankitpatira mentioned, you can create a hour slicer to filter second's records, then convert observation into different online color blocks images. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors