Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vinaytc

Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual while using RLS and CustomData in power bi Embedded

We are trying to embed the Report generated from Power BI desktop and publish in Power Bi.

Details:

1. Power BI report  is created against Azure Analysis services with Live connection as specified at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded-row-level-security#considerations-and-l...

2. We want use App owns data with RLS.

3. I'm able to Load the published report in power bi

Please appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Vinay TC

2 REPLIES 2
vinaytc

We are trying to embed the Report generated from Power BI desktop and publish in Power Bi.

Details:

1. Power BI report  is created against Azure Analysis services with Live connection as specified at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded-row-level-security#considerations-and-l...

2. We want use App owns data with RLS.

3. I'm able to Load the published report in power bi

Please appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Vinay TC

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @vinaytc,

I think this issue may related to permission, please double check document to ensure configure correctly.

For example:

1. Your app are share to group, but viewers not have permission to access this group.(not group member)

2. Not have permission to access specific dataset.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors