Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Charles001
Frequent Visitor

Composite Model Error

Hi All

When I create a composite model with a data source using direct query and a data source using import I dont get errors.

However, if I add an excel spreadsheet as a data source to the composite model, then I get errors on the service but not on the desktop.  If I remove the excel spreadsheet as a data source the errors disappear.

If I only add excel to direct query and remove the sql server using import, there are no errors.

Is it because PBI composite models only allow two data sources?

Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Charles001 ,

Please show more details. What data sources you are using and what is the error message.

The following Live Connect tabular sources can't be used with composite models:

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Thanks for the reply.

I am using Direct Query and sql server(import) in the composite model, this works perfectly.

If I add an excel spreadsheet to the composite model, I receive the following error:

"Couldn't load the data for this visual".

If I remove the excel spreadsheet as a data source, the composite model works as intended.

We have a similari problem, too.

We definendo a composite model with a locale dummy table and direct query on  2 power bi datasets of the same workspace.

It works fine on desktop and service.

When se add import from excel file on sharepoint folder it works fine on desktop, it design not work on service.

Paradoxically, on service, we se data from excel  bit get error for data from datasets.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors