Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PiotrStawicki
Frequent Visitor

Chiclet slicers don't appear in the app with new navigation builder

Hi all!

Looking for help with the problem that I encountered recently.
I have a workspace with 4 different reports, some with their own datasets and some live-connected to other workspace. While opening the reports in the Desktop, in the workspace or after publishing it to the app without new navigation builder, everything works fine.

But when I publish the app with the new navigation builder (which is the desired way of using this app), most of the slicers just disappear (while their default pre-selection is still applied to the displayed data, so it looks more like invisibility than total disappearing). I can see only the visual borders, the visual header bar doesn't appear either.

PiotrStawicki_0-1637662777905.png

Standard slicer visual seems to work correctly. But I've been using certified Chiclet Slicer v1.6.3 in most cases and would like to avoid the necessity of changing the layouts because of that single case. Moreover, I used similar solutions before and this specific problem seems to occur just during last few days.

I tried removing and republishing the app in various configuration (only some of those 4 reports, different order), also moving the reports to the new workspace and re-publishing, clearing the cache, using both Chrome and Edge. Using all ways, problem still occurs. 

I noticed that I have some error/warning in the developer console in Chrome, but I don't know what to do with this. I'll appreciate any help 🙂

PiotrStawicki_1-1637663582498.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarkSL
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @PiotrStawicki 

I also reported this yesterday - see post

There are also many other posts in this forum about custom visuals not appearing.  Custom Visuals not rendered in the App

A temporary workaound for us is to press CTRL-F5.

I reported the issue to MS support yesterday who collected logs and reported the issue to the product team.

I really hope this is fixed soon - it is affecting many customers and thousands of users!

As usual, the Power BI Service Status page says all is hunkydory.  Yet it is not.

Mark

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

As of the new release in May they still don't work for me for pulished apps in the service, strangly, they do work on tablet/ipad

rcollier
Regular Visitor

Hi @PiotrStawicki ,

I am having the same issue on the mobile app.

My month name buttons (Chiclet Slicer) are not showing in the app. 

As yours are, my borders are still there but the buttons/Chiclets are not.

Lets hope they can fix this problem soon.

Rachelle

MarkSL
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @PiotrStawicki 

I also reported this yesterday - see post

There are also many other posts in this forum about custom visuals not appearing.  Custom Visuals not rendered in the App

A temporary workaound for us is to press CTRL-F5.

I reported the issue to MS support yesterday who collected logs and reported the issue to the product team.

I really hope this is fixed soon - it is affecting many customers and thousands of users!

As usual, the Power BI Service Status page says all is hunkydory.  Yet it is not.

Mark

Thanks for your answer! I didn't connect it firstly to the general custom-visual issues, since in my case they're still working in the already published apps as well as in the new apps, but published without new navigation builder.

Anyway looks indeed that it's the same general issue, I also hope that after so many reports that will be resolved soon

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors