Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dadadadad

Changing the display language of a multi-language report in Service

Hi!
I have created a multi-language report in Desktop. The translations of the metadata is in a tabular model - the data source is Analysis Services.

The multi-language part works as intended in Desktop. I am able to change the language settings, and then Desktop changes the displayed language of the fields as it should.

However, i am not able to change the language when the report is published to app.powerbi.com. It only displays the default (english) language. I have tried changing language settings on the website + also tried changing language in my browser. Nothing works. Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
ChengG

Hi @dadadadad , I am facing the same problem. Did you solve your problem?

DataBank
Helper III
Helper III

@v-rzhou-msft @dadadadad 

I also have try this option then this also not working

DataBank_0-1663774059146.png

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dadadadad 

Try language setting in service.

1.png

Or try to change your system language.

I found a post which may be helpful to you: Multi Language in PUSH dataset

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi RicoZhou.

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried changing the language settings in both service and system settings. None of it works.

As mentioned, the translation works as intended in Power BI Desktop.

Any other suggestions?

same here @dadadadad if u found any solution then please share ur experience here

Hi @dadadadad 

You may refer to this blog to create multilingual reports in Power BI by parameter instead of tabular model.

And you may refer to this post: Switch between Spanish and English naming

The multi-language report built by tabular model will work well in desktop, however in Power BI Service, it will show default language.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors