Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SebSchoon1
Post Patron
Post Patron

Change datasource of existing report on power bi web services

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to bother but,

We have someone here who have put a pbix file on onedrive, then created a shared workspace. Then imported that dataset into this workspace from onedrive.

The problem is the following.

The pbix file has been updated with two new columns and some cleaning has been made into it with power query.

When we want to publish that file again manually from onedrive, it cannot be done, because it seems that a file on cloud have the same name.

With the automatic refresh of onedrive, the new fileds are not appearing into the web service but data are well updated.

What can we do?

I have been able to import the same file (dataset) into the same workspace from the same source....

SebSchoon1_0-1670430192717.png

so i do not understand..

Is there any chance tha i delete the first one without having all reports beeing deleted?

Thanks for any help

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @SebSchoon1 

Yeah you should be able to copy the report or go File, then Save As and decide where you want to save it to?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @SebSchoon1 

When you change a data source in Power BI, under the hoods that is a new Power BI report/dataset even if the name is the same.

If you delete the one dataset it will then also delete the reports associated to that dataset. You can click on View Lineage to see which reports are connected to the dataset.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

hi @GilbertQ 

Any chance to copy report to new dataset?

I do not understand why my update is not pushed into web services.. 

It throws an error saying that the file already exist, which is true, but which never happend before..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors