Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot login to installed enterprise gateway as program tried to login with Windows server account

Hi,

trying to install an enterprise gateway on one of our servers ...

The gateway installs properly (the enterprise gateway) but when starting the application,  it prompts for a login.

I need to use anO365 tenant  here obviously but the application insist on logging in with the admin user of the server (which isn’t an O365 tenant and cannot be according to our security policies)

Even when clicking (sign out and forget) option on the proposed account and entering my O365 tenant account name,  due to something related to ADFS/SSO it fails to login and reverts to the selection screen asking me to login again with the server admin.

Any ideas ?

Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

thank you for your feedback.

I have resolved my issue just now ... the strange thing is .. I resolved it trying to debug the issue

I installed Fiddler to capture all data ... using the decrypt HTTPS option 

When Fiddler is running, I'm properly prompted for password

Stop Fiddler and the same problem occurs

I'm no expert on this so I can't pinpoint what the rot cause was but wtih Fiddler running, I was able to 

Login 

Configure

Change service account

Setup Proxy

Finish configuration

Many thanks !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

"I need to use anO365 tenant  here obviously but the application insist on logging in with the admin user of the server (which isn’t an O365 tenant and cannot be according to our security policies)"

ee11.PNG

I want to confirm that when you login to the gateway, you enter your O365 account, but this gateway application requires you to use the administrator account of the Windows server, right?

In fact I can't reproduce your problem. But maybe you can do these operations:

First, use your O365 account to login to Power BI Service. If the login is successful, your account may be fine, otherwise you need to check your account.

Second, update the gateway to the latest version. Download and install a gateway 

If you already have the latest version, please uninstall the gateway and reinstall it and try again.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

thank you for your feedback.

I have resolved my issue just now ... the strange thing is .. I resolved it trying to debug the issue

I installed Fiddler to capture all data ... using the decrypt HTTPS option 

When Fiddler is running, I'm properly prompted for password

Stop Fiddler and the same problem occurs

I'm no expert on this so I can't pinpoint what the rot cause was but wtih Fiddler running, I was able to 

Login 

Configure

Change service account

Setup Proxy

Finish configuration

Many thanks !

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors