Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

evienguyen
Frequent Visitor

Schedule refresh for web content report

Hi,

I was building a report on Power BI desktop which I got the data source as Web -> fill in the URL of the website I want to extract data from -> "Add table using example" -> fill in the data values I want to extract into a table. I was able to create a report from this and pulished to Power BI Service. However, when I looked at the dataset to schedule refresh, I got the following error:

Capture.PNG

I am not sure how to fix this because I am still able to refresh in Power BI Desktop but only encounter the error in Power BI Service. Please help! Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @evienguyen ,

According to the information you provided, the issue should be caused by the function Web.BrowserContents. On my side, the official document says that this function is unavailable because it requires .NET 4.5.

Please replace it and try again. Maybe this post could help you: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/New-Get-Data-from-Web-and-custom-functions-not-refreshing-in....

Best Regards,
Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @evienguyen ,

Is this problem solved?

If it is solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If not, please let me know.

Best Regards
Icey

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @evienguyen ,

According to the information you provided, the issue should be caused by the function Web.BrowserContents. On my side, the official document says that this function is unavailable because it requires .NET 4.5.

Please replace it and try again. Maybe this post could help you: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/New-Get-Data-from-Web-and-custom-functions-not-refreshing-in....

Best Regards,
Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tad17
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @evienguyen 

Check out this thread as I believe it is still valid (it is from 2/19): https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/PowerBI-Web-Source-Data-Refresh/td-p/607720

If this helps please kudo.

If this solves your problem please accept it as a solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors