Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mysterbiggs
Advocate I
Advocate I

Cannot Create New Workspace

I cannot create a new workspace even though I am a licensed PRO user. I have been able to create several workspaces in the past, but now I get the following error. 

Something went wrong.

Couldn't create the group
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity IDfdb68d3c-44ad-c950-d7c8-98be0ed95515
Request IDa9c7a736-ad60-5d7b-7346-aac1193bd144
Correlation IDd90b3b57-9694-7878-7442-6ae05ee3e8e2
Status code500
TimeThu Oct 20 2016 09:08:08 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Version13.0.1700.374
Cluster URIhttps://wabi-west-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net

PBI License.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @mysterbiggs,

I got update that the group creation in Power BI is now controlled by the group creation in Exchange Online. Could you please check in your O365 tenant to see whether group creation option is disabled, for more details, please review this blog: http://www.alexpearce.tech/microsoft/office-365/prevent-users-from-creating-groups-in-office-365/ .

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mysterbiggs

Are you a Microsoft Vendor engineer?

Now Microsoft vendors are not allowed to create workspace in Power BI, only Microsoft engineers will be able to create workspaces. This change has been implemented for a while.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

What is a Microsoft Vendor Engineer? How can I tell if that's my role?

Thanks, 

Aaron

Hi @mysterbiggs,

Are you employed by Microsoft or other companys cooperating with Microsoft?  Only Microsoft full-time employee (FTE) is able to create workspace. In other words, if you are not a FTE, you will not able to do that.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

No, I'm not a Microsoft Employee. My company uses workspaces in Power BI. We've been using them for a while now and have had no problem creating new ones until about a week ago. 

Are you sure we are talking about the same thing. I'm reffering to the Group Workspaces within the Power BI web environment. It doesn't make sense that this would be functionality that only Microsoft employees can utilize. 

2016-10-24_8-15-48.jpg2016-10-24_8-20-27.jpg

Hi @mysterbiggs,

I got update that the group creation in Power BI is now controlled by the group creation in Exchange Online. Could you please check in your O365 tenant to see whether group creation option is disabled, for more details, please review this blog: http://www.alexpearce.tech/microsoft/office-365/prevent-users-from-creating-groups-in-office-365/ .

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hi @mysterbiggs,

Yes. I refer to the Group workspace in Power BI. I got the above information internally.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@mysterbiggs I have seen this type of error before sometimes and then it just starts working. I would say wait for sometime and if it still doesn't work contact MS support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors