Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ruthhacche
Helper III
Helper III

Bookmark navigator bug when published in an app

The first image is my bookmark navigator working perfectly in the actual report opened directly from the folder in the service.   The second image is what it looks like currently in the published app including that exact same report.  If I update the app, the navigator will correct itself but as soon as the data refreshes as scheduled it will either lose the buttons (as below) or sometimes - really weirdly - it will pick up the bookmarks from a completely different report (one that is also published in the app).   

ruthhacche_1-1640083249829.png

ruthhacche_0-1640083168980.png

9 REPLIES 9
LeadAnalyst
Frequent Visitor

Same problem, when bookmark navigator works perfectly in desktop but when published to service it sometimes takes bookmarks from the wrong report or doesnt appear until you refresh the page - users are getting very frustrated. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have exactly the same issue.
The navigator bookmarks work as expected in the Power BI Desktop and inside the Power BI Service Workspace.
The problem happens when you insert the report containing the bookmark navigator within an application.
When you do so, the bookmark navigator will not be shown when you load the application, but will be shown later if you refresh the page.

franksb89

Hi,

Just wanted to let know we're experiencing the same problem in our app.

Bookmark navigator works fine in desktop and in the workspace, but once published to the app there's weird behavior.

The landing page of our report is a navigation page, which has 2 bookmarks (Paginated & Analysis). 
After clicking on the report that has the bookmark navigator, the report is showing the bookmarks of the app landing page instead of the bookmarks in the actual report. A refresh of the report fixes the problem. See screenshots.

Wrong bookmarks:

wrong bookmarks.png

Correct bookmarks after refresh:

correct bookmarks.png

Cheers,

Frank

HashamNiaz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @ruthhacche !

Try to publsih the report in new workspace & see if the Mobile App & Web are showing the correct display. Also you need to be sure that for Mobile View the correct Bookmark is selcted.

Regards,

Hasham

Are we talking about the same thing? There is no option to select bookmarks in all this. It is not publishing as a dashboard - it is publishing as a collection of reports.
Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs
If there are no other reports in the workspace it seems to work (but this is intermittent - sometimes it holds sometimes it does not so I may be wrong).  If there is another report in the workspace with bookmarks then I can see it corrupting sometimes.

Hi @ruthhacche !

Correct, Workspace to App is 1 to 1 mapping. If you need to ensure only 1 Report is available in your App, just make sure you publish only 1 report to that workspace & publish it as an App.

Hope this will fix your issue.

Regards,

Hasham

You have misunderstood.  I was only doing that to answer your response.  I want all my reports in one app - I understand how to do this fully and it always works fine for me.  It is only since the bookmark navigators were relased that I have an issue.  I want all my bookmark navigators to work in the app.  They do not work.  I am just reporting a bug.

Hi @ruthhacche !

Ok Thanks, now I understand the issue. So Bookmarks are working fine in Individual Reports it only have a problem when published as an App.

Does these Bookmarks have similar names by any chance which might create an issue?

Regards,

Hasham

Nothing so simple.  The bookmark navigator is still brnad new - I am sure they will fix the bug.  I though this was the place to post it so they would see it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors