Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

denpries
Resolver I
Resolver I

[BUG] loading signs everywhere, publishing keeps running forever

First off; its not just me. 

I looked along using our desktop sharing method from 3 different locations around the world.

All of them had loading signs at items at almost all visuals. 
When making changes to reports (filter) it took terribly long. 

Also on my own home computer and personal space; same issue.

I can not even publish a report with a dataset only 8 lines long. 

Is there an issue? I am a bit in panic, as i removed the old apps and wanted to refresh, but this is not possible. 193 users are now not seeing a report anymore tomorrow *luckily its holiday at some places*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I tested it in europe (NL) south america (BR) and APAC (CHI)

This morning everything is fine again

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @denpries,

AFAIK, current power bi not stored certificates in pbix files, so if you share pbix file to other users, you need to provide certificates.

If reports are based on on-premise data source who can only use above device to access. It will caused the refresh issue which you mentioned.

If that is a case, you need to config proxy on your data gateway to access original data source.

Configuring proxy settings for the On-premises data gateway

BTW, if you use online datasource, you not need to care about above issue. (It can use live connect to data source)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I dont think this has anything to do with it, and the reason is as follows.

a) we never had this issue

b) it occurs on every report we have, even extremely simple ones. 

For example i just made this extremely simple report. Based on an excel source file with 16 lines or so on data., and only 3 columns.  Every visual has a loading sign and it will disappear eventually, but loading is just simply slow. Of course, in more complex reports this just gets worse and worse, causing me to wait for minutes to be able to use a report, and users reporting that bookmarks are not even loading, so i cannot use any bookmarked buttons for example.

Only after several tries they will work. 

Untitled.png

I have just tested out of 2 different locations and all my reports are loading without any issues.

Which region are you in?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I tested it in europe (NL) south america (BR) and APAC (CHI)

This morning everything is fine again

Back to where i was. Perhaps this topic should be closed in favor of the other one i have open.

denpries
Resolver I
Resolver I

Note, there are no outages reported as of now, and also not an hour ago when it started

https://ideas.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/668836-power-bi-service-health-status

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors