Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NimaiAhluwalia
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Alerts

Hello guys

I have an alert on my dashboard, if I enable the option to recieve an email when it is triggered, who will be the recipients of the email for the alerts?

Workspace admins?

Workspace members?

Datasets owners?

We can use power automate to send to various people but without using who receives the email for the alerts?

Thanks

@amitchandak 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sure. With logged email I mean that Power Bi Alerts are for the user that configure the alert. If you configure an alert, the alert is only for you. If you want the alert to be sent to another user, you should check the Power Automate solution. You can check this post about that:
https://blog.ladataweb.com.ar/post/622353040877420544/powerbipowerautomate-programar-aviso-a-tus

I hope that make sense

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Unless you build an power automate to distribute the alert (like the tool suggest when building it), it's the logged email that will receive it. Alerts are for you, for the logged user. That email is for the one configuring the alert.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hello 

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please let me know what do you mean by logged email?

If there are multiple user groups in the workspace everyone has admin access than all the emails in those usergroups will get the emai or only the email which is creating the alert.

Regards

Nimai

Sure. With logged email I mean that Power Bi Alerts are for the user that configure the alert. If you configure an alert, the alert is only for you. If you want the alert to be sent to another user, you should check the Power Automate solution. You can check this post about that:
https://blog.ladataweb.com.ar/post/622353040877420544/powerbipowerautomate-programar-aviso-a-tus

I hope that make sense

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors