Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

de_Weerd
Regular Visitor

Visualization Formatting Differences between Report Server and Desktop

Hello,

I am adding data to an existing visualization in my organization, but it appears that there are formatting lines that separate the caregories in the Report Server view. I want to figure out how to view these lines on Desktop, and/or remove them entirely.

These lines appear to be somewhat arbitrarily placed. In the screenshot below, in red, you can see that the second arrow shows that the line extends to the top of the visualization, while the third arrow shows that the line stops between the two headers. The purple arrow shows that the line in the third column was improperly placed, after the # column, instead of before it.

Report Server view. Arrows show lines that don't show up in Desktop view.Report Server view. Arrows show lines that don't show up in Desktop view.

The screenshot below shows Power BI Desktop, where these lines do not appear at all.

Desktop view. Arrows show where lines show up in Report Server view, but do not appear here.Desktop view. Arrows show where lines show up in Report Server view, but do not appear here.

1 REPLY 1
KBO
MVP

Hi @de_Weerd ,

it depends on the Browser you use. In some cases the Edge works better than the Firefox but it always depends. If there are only some small visualization errors you can first testing the diffrent browsers you got. If the error still remain you can try to build a Background picture in which the visual can be embedd. Hope this answer will help 🙂 

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.