Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sdhzhsz
Regular Visitor

Updated to the latest version, but still not working

Hi,

I have installed the latest version : 

Desktop : 2.86.1321.0 64-bit

ReportServer : 1.9.7675.15620 

Datasource:Oracle

在 Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Tabular.Model.SaveChangesImpl(SaveOptions options)
   在 Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.AsServer.TOMWrapper.RefreshModel(Database database)
   在 Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.AsServer.AnalysisServicesServer.RefreshDatabase(String databaseName, IEnumerable`1 dataSources, IEnumerable`1 parameters, String clientSessionId)
   在 Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebHost.EventHandler.AnalysisServicesDataRefresh.RefreshDatabase(AsDatabaseInfo asDatabaseInfo)
   在 Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebHost.EventHandler.DataRefreshScope.<>c__DisplayClass34_0.<ExecuteActionWithLogging>b__0()
   在 Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebHost.EventHandler.DataRefreshScope.<ExecuteFuncWithLogging>d__33`1.MoveNext()
2021-01-20 15:24:33.5686|ERROR|178|Error Processing Data Model Refresh: SessionId: f39adfc4-62d6-4d61-8eab-8ee5b865773f, Status: Error Failed Data Refresh, Exception Microsoft.AnalysisServices.OperationException: Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ASEngineManagedRoot, No credentials were found for the datasource.
COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ASEngineManagedRoot, No credentials were found for the datasource.
COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ASEngineManagedRoot, No credentials were found for the datasource.
The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.

I really need your help,Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sdhzhsz ,

Would you please show us completed error message?

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

We just released the January 2021 release of PBIRS that fixes several issues related to enhanced metadata models, please install the latest and let us know if that doesn't resolve your issue. Thanks!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55329

i'm sorry no.☹️

122.jpg

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sdhzhsz ,

Option 1:

In PBI Desktop Oct 2020, open every report query and data source

Change the connection information to all lowercase

Save the report and republish to PBIRS

Option 2:

Before the PBIX file is upgraded to the new format in the October 2020 version of PBI Desktop (Optimized for PBIRS), a backup copy is saved in the AppData folder:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop SSRS\TempSaves\Backups

Open PBI Desktop and turn off the Enhanced Metadata option. Go to File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Global-Preview features -> then uncheck the option:

Untitled picture.jpg

Restart Power BI Desktop

Reopen the backup PBIX file

You should be able to use this version of the report and publish it to the PBIRS server. It is the v1 model and the same format as in May 2020 PBIRS.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

I changed the datasource and it still doesn't work. The file in the backup folder is not the latest version , and I have made several updates. May I ask when you can launch an update to fix this problem, eagerly looking forward to

thank you very much

FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Have you checked Users' credentials under Datasource Tab on of report publish on PBIRS?

Is refresh working fine from Power BI Desktop optimized for Report Server?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Yes, It's OK.QQ图片20210120183136.png

It can also be successfully refreshed in power bi desktop.

by the way

the old file , is working fine on reportserver. but when i turn on the preview feature,edit and save,upload to the RS,the same problem arises

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.