Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

meddojeddo
Helper IV
Helper IV

Is it possible to run reports in the browser without caching?

I am running a report on the server, and when the data is updated it does not update in the browser because of the cache. Is it possible to run the report in the browser on demand without the cache?

3 REPLIES 3
josef78
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,

if you are talking about PBI reports in import mode, I'm not sure if this is about browser cache. When datamodel under report is refreshed, so this refresh is not in-place, but is created side-by-side new version of model in SSAS. After refresh, is possible switch over to new version of model. I don't know how and when is client switched, but I think new connections and when client refresh connection then use new version, for existing will still use old version, until some timeout period. But I don't know if it is configurable.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @meddojeddo ,

For running reports in the browser without caching, try these methods:

http - How do we control web page caching, across all browsers? - Stack Overflow;

Preventing Browser Caching | Tiger Technologies Support.

In addition, if you want to read the latest report in your browser, it is suggested to try this:

How to Auto Refresh Pages on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Opera (guidingtech.com)?

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

meddojeddo
Helper IV
Helper IV

I tried changing UseSessionCookies to False and EditSessionCacheLimit to 0 in the settings. Would either of these solve this issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.