Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

richflan
Frequent Visitor

Sharing reports with 'Personalize this visual' via comments doesn't persist the personalized visual

The 'Personalize this visual' feature is very useful for our end users to customise views of existing reports, allowing them to reformat or alter the context of the information to fit their needs.

Although it seems a current limitation is that when our users try to share a report containing 'personalized visuals' via commenting, the visuals are all reset to their defaults and it's just the filters that are bookmarked and shared with the commented user.

Will sharing content containing personalized visuals be available in future? Am I just being a bit clueless and this is already possible?

4 REPLIES 4
micampos

Hi Team, who is interested in it, I found a way:       🙂

micampos_0-1683824086601.png

micampos

Hi,

Looking for this solution. Please, Microsoft, develop it.

rbriga
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Bumping this.

My organization is looking for a way to create simple custom content to share with others- preferbly using the app. Personalized visuals solve the customezation part, but not the sharing requirement. 

It's odd:

• Bookmarks save the personalization changes, but sharing a bookmark link doesn't work.
  • Comments share your filter context, but not the personalization done on visuals.

Any idea how to achieve that?

Edit: One can share the changes- including personalizations, in the report, but not through the app.

-------------------------
Data analyst by day, hockey goalie by night.
Did I help? Then please hit that "kudos" or "accept as a solution" button!
Anonymous
Not applicable

also interested in this. Did you find any workaround for sharing bookmarks that contain personalized visuals?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.